Monday, January 16, 2012

Three hats

1-16-12
Maybe a photo or two. I tried a few minutes ago, and it crashed my system.  Guess one at a time might be best.  I had to resize the original photo to 25% of its size or it would have taken all night to download.

The picture above shows 2 hats knitted with Plymouth Encore yarn.  It is 75% acrylic and 25% washable wool, so it is machine wash/dry.  Since these are for children, they will be easy to care for. The variegated one, made with Canadiana, 100% acrylic, was made a bit deeper from face to back of head to have better coverage of ears.  All three are very soft, not scratchy at all.

Elizabeth Zimmerman taught me several new things through this pattern, even though I've been knitting more than 50 years!!  The attached I-cord and knitted-on I-cord for the borders, traveling stitch for the detail on the back, and the "saddle" top.  Very easy to do, but I'd never had a pattern use these techniques before. 

I'll attempt to add a photo of the back of the ivory hat (the first one I made) before I sign off for the night.  Then I'm ready for bed--what a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment